Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I am not a nice person

Florida has changed me into not a nice person! I hate the lines, the rudeness and now I fight back!

Yes, I went to the post office again! That place just raises my blood pressure upon entering. I had to mail a package and ups wanted 15.00, a little light weight package. So thinking I could save some money I went to the PO. Where I got in line for, what turned out to be 45 minutes. Where at 4:00 three weeks before Christmas they had ONE person working behind the counter. The lady behind me in line kept on pushing me. I was playing free cell on my phone, trying to be calm, but her elbow in my side wasn't helping. Finally I turned and said, "would you mind not pushing." To which she said, "well there is space between you and the guy in front of you." To which I said, "no matter how close I get to him, we'll still be in the same possition in line!" (For the record-she didn't back up.) And FYI I save $3.10...UPS here I come from now on!

Then I proceeded to Publix, where I thought the God's were looking out for me, I parked right in front-first spot! When I came out a lady, about 30, stopped and waited for my spot while I loaded my groceries into the car. (Again, ironically, there were many spots open.) I started to back up but she was so close behind me I couldn't get out of the spot, I moved forward and back trying but I didn't want to hit the car next to me. I rolled my window down and motioned her to move back. She didn't. So I got out, walked up to her window and said, "If you want this spot lady you are going to have to move the ___ back! I can't get my car out!"

As I said, I am not a nice person-and I blame the state of Florida and the postal system.

4 comments:

Jess said...

The post office will turn anyone "postal." I have frequently felt myself overcome with blinding rage while standing in line there. And parking lot sharks are the worst; why people can't park a few feet further away and walk is beyond me.

The cure for this kind of anger is simple: Beer + Xanax.

Kidding. Kind of.

Rachel O'Donnell said...

Don't be hard on yourself - I think ANYONE would have acted the same way you did!

I can't believe that woman at the post office was actually pushing you - ugh!!

Anonymous said...

Connie..... I think you can arrange via internet to have a package picked up by both the US Office and/or Fed-X. Call and see... Then you would not have to leave the comfort of your home and at least avoid the pushers. Now the parking lot bully is quite another thing. They are alive and well all over. Minnesota too!!!!
Cindie

Carol said...

Good for you! There have been times I have sat in my car and pulled out a book or my cell phone when a "lurker" is being too annoying. And I have a real thing about personal space!