Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Patches lives in the Tajmahal

Okay I know I can't spell Tajmahal but you should see how happy Patches looked last night. I went in to visit her. Her house is better than most of ours! She was in the guest bedroom-just until the dogs get used to ignoring her-She has a couch that turns into a hide-a-bed (in case she invites any friends over)she has her own computer (I wonder if she will blog?) she has a great soft quilted pillow with her name on it, I made for her, she has a new mommy that cuddles and pets her, she has a window sill that she lies on to look out on the street to remind her how much better her life is now!

She was happy to see me (I'm like her birth mommy after all.) I brought her favorite treats and food with me and she was happy to get what she likes to eat. She had already used the kitty litter-I think she is going to be a good girl. She looked so clean and fresh after her bath. Her fur was so soft. (I will try to get a photo later for an update.)

For living outside for months, she didn't have any illnesses, parasites or fleas. Go figure. I felt sad and will miss her sitting outside my door waiting for her food and running to meet me every time I walk outside but when I left I felt really good about leaving her there in her new forever home! Bye Bye Patches-be happy-I love you!

3 comments:

Erin said...

It's great to hear she found a home. Too bad you were allergic to her. I bet Angel would like another friend to cuddle with.

Jess said...

Glad to hear it worked out so well for her. And you spelled Taj Mahal correctly; it's just two words.

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday Connie! I am glad you are having a fun time celebrating! Wish I could join you!