Monday, April 6, 2009

Crazy Family

My brother, sister-in-law and their kids came to visit. So as my cousin, who is more like my sister, was in Naples visiting her best friend I invited them to brunch. We made it Easter actually and gave the kids baskets etc. at the same time. In my small place with everyone trying to help, visit, play with Rylee and eat it was quite the circus. There were several conversations going at once, arguing politics, disagreeing about school systems, planning the rest of the day and Shannon said, "this is what I miss. This feels like the old days at Grandma and Grandpa's! It's so good to be around our big, noisy, loud, fun, crazy family! I agree!

(Later in the day it got completely "bizarro"...I am hoping Shannon will blog about that fiasco it makes me tired just thinking about it...but if not I will later. Suffice to say it was a cluster f...!)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Although it sounded chaotic,sounds you had a great time. Did you make traditional ham or does your family celebrate Easter with another dish?

Jess said...

That's nice that you could all gather for the holiday!

Carol said...

It is always nice to get family together. Too bad our modern world ends up in so many families living scattered across the country.