Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Parking lot etiquette

The other day at Publix I was turning down an aisle and of course some people were parked in the middle of the lane waiting for a number 2 slot parking spot, while the person was unloading a huge cart and had three kids to get in the car. A guy a head of me honked at her to move it...as there were three spots open further down in the 8.9.10 spots. When she didn't move he drove around her. I thought she would get the hint...but no, so I drove around her too. After I got around her a car backed out from a #7 slot stopping me, so when that person drove out I parked there. As I walked by her she got out of her car and started yelling at me..."Why did I take that open spot, I knew she was there?"
I answered, "Lady, you were waiting for the first spot."
"No, I was waiting for any spot."
I said, "Baloney. If you were why not take one of the three spots that were open?"
She accosted me one more time in the store and started all over again...but the other guy that drove around her walked by and said, "Hey lady, stop your bitchen! And stop parking in the lane waiting for spots to open...People like you are what pisses every one off!"
I just smiled and walked away. I did enjoy the open mouth look of shock on her face though!
Use parking lot etiquette or suffer the consequences.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I can't believe she yelled at you! But, it always baffles me why people will sit and wait for a space just because it's closer. Many times I have gone around someone waiting like that, parked, and walked into the store before they've even parked yet. What a waste of time!

Carol said...

How ridiculous! She is clearly crazy! Not to mention lazy! I hate it when people do that - we have truly become a couch potato society if we can't walk a few feet to a slightly farther out parking spot! And then there is that whole "entitled" attitude I hate...the whole world does NOT revolve around you lady!

Erin said...

One day I want a junker car so I can tap people like that. Also, those motorcyclists who go between cars at stop lights deserve a swift clothesline with my car door. I have road rage just reading your post!