Monday, April 27, 2009

Greatest Birthday Ever

My 60th is turning out to be the best birthday yet. Here's why.

First, I am spending it with my Granddaughter! Something that never happened in my fifties. That is the most special gift to come along since I was 27.

Second, My next door neighbor adopted my kitty! After the bad neighbors who never followed through finally were out of the picture I put project-get the cat adopted- into full force. And low and behold my next door neighbor Darlene, who has two small dogs and is really nice, decided the kitty was so sweet she would take her herself! This morning she took her to the vet where she is getting tested for all the bad stuff,(keep a prayer for her today) getting booster shots for the good, finishing with a flea bath and with any luck at all will spend her first night in a house tonight! (Keep a prayer she is a good little kitty and the dogs like her.) I couldn't have gotten a better gift. I know it came from above...thanks!

Here's Patches!




Third, I spent Saturday all day with Shannon and Venessa, we drove to West Palm, shopped furniture, people watched (this was the good part...future posts) and had dinner at Havana Hideout a DIVE featured on Food Networks Dinner's, drive-ins and dives. It was the coolest and divest spot you could imagine. (future posts on the bathrooms) What an experience the whole day was! Thanks girls!

Fourth, It's not over yet. Tuesday is dinner with gal-pals at Japan Inn. (If any girls want to join us...consider yourself invited.) And later in the week more food frenzy as Venessa knows this great burger joint. Another Dive.

This is turning out to be worth turning 60! So happy 60th birthday to me!

PS One comment today from my darling son-in-law who just had to mention that I was closer to 100 than to 0...made me feel so good....grrr. But he did have the cutest grin on his face at the time so I won't hold it against him. And after all, it's true.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jess said...

Happy b-day!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Connie!