Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What is your favorite

A shout out to Rylee who is going to bed like such a good girl. Just snuggling in with her blanket.

Which brings me to my question for you. Did you have a favorite blanket or stuffed animal you slept with? If so what did you call it? And do you have a favorite story about it?

Mine was a blue blanket with a silky blue binding. I called it my "silky bankie" and waved a ripped corner of the binding on my check while sucking my thumb. One day when my mom washed it and hung it on the line to dry, I needed a nap. She told me I couldn't sleep with it because it was wet and hanging on the line. Later she found me sitting on the ground and holding a corner of it, saying, "but I like it wet."

I will let Shannon tell her own story.
My nephew Drue called his a "lovey".
My nephew Ian draged his around until it looked liked swiss cheese with no cheese left.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I had bandana's called "night nights." I believe I had a red and blue one. My parents say I had other colors after those died but never took to them. Ah...night nights, I miss you!

Jess said...

I never had a specific blanket, but my youngest brother had a blanket that sounds exactly like yours and he too was once found outside by the clothes line with his "bankie."

mom2ET said...

No blanket, but I had a Baby Beans. There are very few pictures of me under the age of 3 without Baby Beans. I still have her.

I will have to post the Baby Bean trauma on my blog.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Too many stories about my blankie for a comment. I think I'll have to steal the idea for a post... :)

P.S. My mom still has it in the cedar chest - a little worn for the wear.

Carol said...

Ah yes, I had a blankie as I called it. It was pink and had a sliky edge. I also took it EVERYWHERE with me (even when I first went to college though it stayed under my pillow) and could not go to sleep without it! I loved running my fingers and toes along the silky edge. In fact I STILL run my toes through the sheets at night as I am falling asleep, that is one reason I don't like flannel sheets, they are not silky enough for my toes! I too still have blankie, it is in my cedar chest at home. Great idea for a post Connie!!!

Carol said...

I should clarify - my blankie was retired LONG before I went to college, but it came out of retirement for that first, scary semester!