Sunday, February 15, 2009

UNCLE UNCLE

I give up! This weekend has been frustrating! I am working on two quilts and for the life of me I can't find the right f---ing fabrics to finish either one! I hate the fabric stores around here. I can't believe the difference between MN fabric stores and FL. It's unreal. Florida buyers have no taste! Online stores don't have much to offer either. I am going to call the owner of my favorite shop in MN on Tuesday and beg, yes beg, her to put her fabric online! It won't help with these quilts but maybe in the future. I need a trip home!

I went to the Fresh Market (while I was fabric shopping) and found the most delicious coffee,almond amaretto. I came home and drank four cups. I am sure I will be up all night. Oh joy. Also the best apples, Jazzy apples. If you have never tried them, go get them. They are hard and crisp and sweet. The produce at Fresh Market will make you cry. As will their meat, fish and bakery. If you haven't gone to one...DO!

What is with this hot weather? I was loving the cool breezes that were floating over us.



4 comments:

Erin said...

Evil Blogger! I just posted a long note and it didn't take. Argh!

Miller wanted to thank you for the book. He saw his girlfriend, Rylee, today and she handed him the package.

What I posted earlier was that I am not an avid sewer and I think the selection down here stinks so that must mean it's bad.

The good weather is almost gone. What's left is limited because starting next month, it's basically summer again.

The good side is that as the weather warms up, Jon and Shannon's pool will warm up. Miller dipped his toes in tonight and is excited to start swimming!

Jess said...

In 6 months, this will feel like "cool" weather!

Carol said...

Sounds like you could use a trip to San Francisco. I have heard they have a fabric store there that is the size of a warehouse with at least two floors! All the fabrics are organized by colors. It sounds like a wonderful place!

Yes, the weather here has been getting horrible too, so very humid. I am afraid winter is over for the South.

Carol said...

Maybe you could take a picture of your quilts and send them to the owner of the fabric store in MN and she could match the fabric for you?