Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ode to Jack

Happy Birthday to my older brother Jack!

We are six years apart in age. Which is miles apart in kid years! So, when we were kids we were at odds a lot. Because he was perfect...and I was the opposite.

He saved his allowance-I spent mine the day I got it.
He was smart and got A's. I was a smart ass!
He kept his room tidy. Mine looked like an Army obstacle course.
He was an Eagle Scout-I stole Girl Scout cookies.
He didn't chase girls-I collected boys .
He told the truth-I liked to embellish or fabricate.
He played in the band-I quit.
He sang in the choir-I was asked to sing quieter.
He got into college-I barely got out of high school.
He was on the Dean's list-I was on the shit list.

So Happy Birthday to Jack-who ironically turned out to be, my perfect Brother!

Somethings get better with age, like my appreciation for perfection and YOU!
Hope your day is as special as you!
(This songs for you Bro-wouldn't want to break tradition!)

Happy Birthday to you;
You belong in the zoo;
You look like a monkey
and smell like one too!

Love you!

1 comment:

Carol said...

That is sweet!

And I like Jess's comment on your previous post - have you seen the Scrubs episode where Janitor gives Carla a dog kennel for her baby cage (aka playpen)?