Friday, February 27, 2009

Alaska or Bust

A joke from the 1970’s-when $50.00 was still a lot of money-that became a legend in our household: (This is for you, Mom.)

One day a man came home from work only to find his wife in the bedroom. There were open suitcases on the bed and she was packing.
“Where are you going?” he asked.
“I am going to Alaska. I hear Ladies of the Evening are getting $50.00 a screw up there! And don’t try to talk me out of it.” She walked into the bathroom to pack her toiletries. When she came out she saw her husband packing a suitcase as well.
“Now where in the world are you going?” she demanded.
“I thought I’d go along, I’d like to see how you are going to live on $50 bucks a month!”

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great joke, and thanks for the details on the toast! Nice tradition.

Jess said...

Very funny!