Saturday, February 23, 2008

HOW

There is nothing quite as satisfying as making a gift for someone. You hope that they will enjoy using it as much as you have making it…sweet joy. Yes, the process can be frustrating as things never go quite as perfect as you wish they would but isn’t that why they call it homemade? They say Indians weave in a mistake on purpose so that the project will not be perfect. Did I tell you that I am part Chippewa? True. I am even registered and have a number. My point...it will not be perfect. On purpose of course.

I have been invited to my next door neighbor’s son’s 1st Birthday party. I don’t know my neighbor’s except to say hi. I don’t know their name and they don’t know mine. I don’t understand much of anything they say-language barrier-but when I saw she was having a baby last year I made them a baby quilt and now I am family. Apparently, the whole family is invited to the party so that includes me. Lord I hope no one asks me a direct question because even when they are speaking English I don’t get most of it. I am going on a hunt for the perfect gift whatever it is I am going to embroider his name, Joel, on it. (My dear husband sent me my E-machine…what a sweetie.) I know his name his Joel because it said so on my invitation. Knowing how much 1year olds love clothes I will of course pick up a toy or book as well. She would like Shannon to come, as she is family by association. I hope she does, there is safety in numbers. It’s on March 9th so I will let you know how it goes.

Since Jon is off with the boys today I get to spend a little time with Shannon.

1 comment:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Count me in. It should be interesting!