Monday, February 25, 2008

Miracle on 44th Street

Something amazing happened! Last week I broke a tooth. It had a big filling and I knew that I would need a crown. Now for those of you too young to understand the financial consequences of a crown, they cost around $1500. In a previous blog I said I was part Native American Indian. One of the perks is I get free dental work. So I was not too happy this happened in FL. I called Shannon's dentist, Dr. Garcia and made an appointment hoping he could work some magic and limp me back to MN.

When I saw him he offered to put in a temporary filling by bonding it with some junk. It took about a half hour, Yada Yada. Now comes the amazing part....wait for it...
he didn't charge me anything! It was free! Seriously, I couldn't believe it. So I highly recommend Dr. Garcia. He is a nice man.

Now I would like to do something nice for him. My husband suggested a bottle of liquor, but I am not sure about that. I could bake something, but I am not a baker...remember the muffins from yesterday! What do you think? Booze? Wine? or ? let me know.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, our dentists rock! I love that place. I would suggest a nice gift basket (from Crown?). That way you can't go wrong. If he doesn't like it, he can share it with his staff.

Jess said...

Those dentists are great. We all go there, and it's not just Dr. Garcia who is that nice -- they are all great dentists.

I don't know that gifts are necessary -- I bet he would appreciate a simple, handwritten thank you note.