Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wishing or Washing

This time of year all my windows look like crap, all spotted from the rainy/dusty season.
For those of you who (like me) don’t DO windows I have a tip:
This will sound weird….Go with me here…
Thoroughly mix in 1 cup corn starch in about 2 quarts cool water. I use an old wash rag get it wet in mixture, then ring out damp dry, wipe window let sit for a minute until the window has a white film, then rub dry with a another old wash rag or towel. Rub in any direction, or in circles…still no streaks…not a one. Tip: The corn starch wants to settle to the bottom of the bucket so you must continue to swish it around.
Seriously, try it. Your windows will never look better.

I bet you think I am washing windows today? Nope, just wishing I was washing them.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Mine need a good washing but the old squeegy and windex works just fine for me. I hate multiple steps that include rinsing or extra wiping. Must be why I love 409 more than any other cleaning product.

Carol said...

Hmmm, well, having lived in apartments for all of my adult life, I have to admit that I pretty much NEVER clean the windows. Not that I have had that many of them anyway, at best two per apartment (though now I have five!) I am sure that will be different when I have my own place as I was always helping clean them when I lived at home.

A said...

Bizarre. I'm moving into my first house this summer ... I'll keep your tip in my pocket! Thanks! ;)