Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blow up the Blow-ups!

What do blow up holiday lawn ornaments say about those who put them up?
I wonder what possesses someone say to themselves, “I think I would like to have a 15 foot high, glowing turkey, in my yard.” Or a Huge, fat Charlie Brown who lays on the ground even when he’s inflated. (my neighbors yard) I call him Poor sad Charlie because he is bent in half every year.
Why would anyone want to see Santa and Rudolf trapped in a bubble by night and lying in a puddle by day? Or worse the 20 foot inflated Christmas tree with branches that are shaped like torpedo-breasts!
Or the Santa down the street that I call dead Santa because they don’t ever light him after the first night and lies in a puddle until July.
When the blow-ups are lit they look like huge glowing aliens from a mutant planet and when the lights go off they lay like dead things in a puddle.

So what do blow up ornaments say about those people who buy them? I think they say--
“THE LIGHT IS ON BUT NOBODY IS HOME.”

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I agree with you on the torpedo boob tree, it should be X-rated with a little black bar across the chest area. Also, you have to be careful not to use them as land marks (as my father in law did), otherwise it's easy to get lost in the community - can't find them when they're deflated. :)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I'm just doing a little catching up on Mn. MOM and this one stuck a nerve. I agree! I always kinda wonder about those blow up minds too! Ha! But, gotta love it! WI.

Anonymous said...

I think that holiday blow-ups are great have a few myself. I am not dim witted or stupid as your post suggests I just love to make MY kids happy after all Isn't THAT what's important. So next time when you want ot insult someone look in the mirror and insult yourself. God help us all if YOUR children are hearing the comments that you have made.