Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Counting Down

Sitting here at work looking at my crooked wooden cane leaning in the corner, I keep thinking that Kris Kringle (from Miracle on 34th ST.) should be here any second. I love that movie. And with Thanksgiving only a few days away I’m sure I will be watching it! (As flat-backing is about all I can do anyway.)
Today I can see winter is coming our way. Flurries are blowing past the window at high velocities. And it is cold-burr. I hope Old Man Winter can be held at bay somehow until I leave the state…only 27 more days until I get to the land of Sunshine! Yipee!

3 comments:

Erin said...

If I were a snow bird like you, I would weather Christmas up north with snow and then get the heck out for the icky long cold months.

As much as I love going to the beach on Xmas, I miss the snow and cold weather. It just doesn't seem like the holidays with sunshine and shorts.

I can't do the math right now...when do you get in? I bet you are lonesome for your daughter and condo. See you soon!

Jess said...

Well, it's supposed to get cold here too: Forecast for this weekend calls for lows in the 40s!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, for the entire ten years I have been living in the south, I have had problems getting in the mood for Christmas because I miss the snow and cold weather so much. I can't wait to move north again - though maybe not quite as far north as you are!