Monday, November 30, 2009

to scoop or not to scoop

There is a guy who lives a few units down from me. He drives a crappier vehicle than I do-which is amazing in itself. His wife (or girlfriend) walks a medium size black dog. Everytime I am home I see her let the dog crap in my yard and they walk off leaving me to be the pooper scooper. Two weeks ago, I saw the dog squating and ran outside with a garbage bag.
I said, "Hello, I brought you out a doggie bag as I've noticed you usually don't have one with you." I thought that was tackful, but apparently not, as she grabbed the bag, scooped the poop and stalked off without a word. Yesterday, when I saw her dog start to squat I noticed she jerked the chain and moved to the next yard to let it poop and left the poop lay. Atleast it hasn't pooped in my front yard since. Now if I could only get my neighbors to pick up after their dog. And to pick up their garbage. They always just throw trash out on the lawn and it blows all over the place. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking.

Once again there are many stray cats in my complex. These cats seem wild though, not like my little Patches from last year. I'm sure you remember I got my neighbor to adopt her and she says Patches is the sweetest cat she has ever seen. She never claws anything, always uses the kitty litter, rules the other two dogs, and loves to snuggle! She loves her so much and is thankful she adopted her. (I'm thankful too.)

The possums seem to be back in the area, I saw one this weekend. It drives the neighbors dog nuts but Angel doesn't seem to notice it.

Jon helped me put a desk out on the curb Saturday morning and it was gone in the time it took me to write the word FREE. It was a nice one, modern, so I am not surprised. With a couple things out of the garage I am starting to see a path open up. Hurrah!

I did get my tree up this weekend and I will buy some new lights for outside as last years are half out. Some of my neighbors have lights up...it's starting to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Shitty neighbors, huh?