Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

When I was younger Veteran's Day didn't mean much to me. I don't think I ever gave it much thought. But now I realize that it is a day to be thankful. I think we all forget the sacrifices they make and take them for granted. I know I do. Last week was a big reminder though--so sad the senseless massacre in Texas at Fort Hood...so many families left in pain. Since the revolutionary war soldiers have been putting themselves in harms way to protect this country and it's people. I for one, am thankful for them...today and everyday. I wouldn't be brave enough to do what they do.

I hope that we can all take a few minutes to say a prayer for all our soldiers and their families tonight.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks Connie! You are so right! My dad was in the Army so I was raised with a healthy appreciation of what our soldiers do for us all the time. Without them we would not have the quality of life we enjoy so much!

Perseverance said...

Hi My name is Ronel, i'm from South Africa. It was only about an hour ago that I saw a documentary on television about Dr Ruth of all people! Her family died in the German camps and she was orphaned at a very young age. While I was on the internet I came across your blog and it made me think of it. We can all be thankful you are so right!