Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I love this holiday!

I love this holiday, it's my favorite. A Day all about family and friends and being thankful for our blessings. It doesn't get any better than that. Although, I miss Thanksgiving Days past, when we all went to my Mom and Dad's. She was the best cook and made everyones favorite foods. The huge family gathering with all the kids what fun! With her love and food she made the day special. Sharing drinks, stories & arguing over politics, made it the loud crazy day I will never forget and will always long for...I Miss you Mom.
********

It's weird thinking that other countrys' don't celebrate Thanksgiving. That this is only an American Holiday. That tomorrow they won't be sitting down to turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes with gravy. That they won't be saying what they are thankful for. I feel bad for them but I guess they don't know what they are missing.
********

Here, it is raining and it looks like rain tomorrow too so here is my thought on that:
Rain Rain go away
Come back after Turkey Day.

Happy Thanksgiving and Blessings to you all.

4 comments:

Perseverance said...

Hi Connie!

This is turning out to be a hectic week filled with work responsibilities!

We have friends who convinced their entire street to put up Christmas lights on their houses. It is always such a special time where anybody can drive by and donate food or clothes for the needy.
They then gather everything once a week and go and deliver to a specific organization. I cannot wait to see the lights and accompanying music this year!

When you drive by everybody is outside socializing for the entire December. Luckily it is a very short street in a cul de sac. I will definitly take pictures and upload to my blog!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving but SA is such a diverse country with so many nationalities that I'm sure some American folks who lives here do celebrate this day.

I have an American Colleague who is about to return to the US in December. I will be sure to ask him tomorrow!

I hope your Thanksgiving day will be a special one with your loved ones. (Without bad weather!)

Take care

Ronel

mom2ET said...

Happy Thanksgiing! We are truly blessed to have such great friends.

Jess said...

Canada has Thanksgiving. But they celebrate it in October.

But I agree. I do love this holiday! I never thought much of it when I was a kid (no presents), but as an adult, I think it's probably my favorite!

Carol said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing with us!