Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This and That

Finally seems like little Rylee is starting to feel better. What a slow process. Nothing is worse than when you have a sick child or grandchild in this case. Brought me right back to the days when Shannon was a baby. She used to spike the highest fevers. It was so scary.

On a happier note book club is this Thursday, I am hosting. In honor of the book I picked, One Thousand White Women-The journals of Mae Dodd- by Jim Fergus...we are having Indian fare. Wild rice, and I am making it into wild rice soup and salad. (Which is not how they prepared it I assume-but a tribute just the same.) I recommend the book, very interesting and a page turner. A lot to discuss.

Thanksgiving is upon us and it makes me lonely for John and my family back home. I guess this is a good one to miss if I have to as John can't eat dinner anyway. He is having surgery the next day, a triple hernia repair. Wish I could be there to spoil him a few days. I will make up for it when he gets here.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad Rylee is feeling better!