Sunday, December 28, 2008

Nurse Batty

John is so sick. He can't sleep (the coughing). (Which is keeping me awake all night too.) He can't be near Rylee (contagious). Pouting (he hates being sick and is such a baby-what guy isn't?) When he is sick he becomes completely incapable of functioning, I need to remind him of his meds and soothing rubs at every turn. I am so sick of being a nurse and I am so bad at it. (I want to strangle the patient...my-bad!)

I finally sent him to the doctor yesterday and when he got home I asked what kind of cough syrup he got to help him sleep? He said he forgot to tell her he was coughing so much he couldn't sleep.
(I shook my head, my mother told me the Lord helps those who help themselves. I guess she was right.)

If he doesn't start feeling better soon he will piss away his whole vacation. I feel bad about that, since he has been so looking forward to being with Rylee. Colds are evil. Got any great remedies to share?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Whiskey.

Also look into whether or not he is still contagious. I thought I had read somewhere that it is only the beginning of the cold that is contagious, and when you are feeling your worst, you are past the contagious part.

I am also pretty sure that Big John didn't set out to 'piss' away his vacation. A brother can't help getting a cold lady.

mom2ET said...

My brother-in-law swears by Vick's on your feet.


I find that most patients just need a little TLC (Thorazine, Lithium, Compazine.) Chris gets at least 4-5 case of the big whiny husband syndrome a year.