Thursday, December 4, 2008

Accidents happen-but how?

Okay Jess how is your bill 50 bucks less...do you have DVR? That is the only extra I have and it is supposed to be $5.00 extra per month.

Last night there were cops everywhere and FPL and ambulances in front of my place and this morning I figured out why--someone hit a Sunrise City light post. The big (huge) cement kind...right at the entrance of my complex. I have looked and looked and I can't figure out how it happened. The person was going west on Oakland turning into Entrata. No way you could hit the pole that hard...but hit it they did. It was totalled, down and smashed, demolished. How did they do it? Drive by and see if you can figure it out.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yes, we have a DVR. We don't get any "special" channels like HBO or anything, but it is the HD package. And, we have high speed internet.

Erin said...

There is a strip of McNab that is straight as an arrow with 1 stop light in a 2 mile stretch. I too wonder how the hell people can flip their cars going straight. That stretch doesn't even have side streets for things to pop out at you and make you swerve.

I saw a light pole like that demolished on Flamingo a couple months back. I can't imagine how fast you would have to be going to destroy that concrete pillar.

As for the tv thing...we have Dish Network and a DVR. No special channels and it's around $60 a month but when you figure in our other Comcast bills for phone and internet, we are around $100 something. We have been thinking about dropping our package back further since we don't watch more than a handful of channels. Unfortunately, I think one or two of those channels aren't included in a basic package.

Carol said...

I too find it amazing how much cable costs now a days. That is one reason we don't have a landline phone at the moment - between the cable bill with the high speed internet, and the cell phone bill, we figured we needed to save money somewhere.