Friday, December 5, 2008

Interesting day

Driver malfunction:
I found out the accident was from a driver heading south on Oakland who fell asleep (or was drunk) and just swerved over at an angle by our place and--crash. His tennis shoe must have come off and flew out, it is laying in the hole he left in the ground where the pole was. How weird is that. He must have been going fast.

One of my neighbors here in the complex came over tonight for a visit and brought me a great gift basket filled with wine, gourmet pretzels and dip, cookies. Also two additional bottles of wine and a gift for Rylee. Wow, I was blown away. That was so darn sweet.

I saw a van and some suspicious guys cleaning up the property here...but they walked past a lot of discarded mail...so either they were doing a lousy job or they were casing the joint. I was leaving but I called the police just in case. We have had so many break-ins I thought better safe than sorry.

Today I was over at Shannon's. I did some picking up around here. Not cleaning, maybe Sunday. I also did some beading, TV and now bed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

If you are ever bored, we always need some picking up around here. During my week off at Christmas, I plan to tackle my kitchen cupboards. They need everything taken out, wiped down, and rearranged.