Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Murder in the Morning

Yesterday the outdoor exterminator for the complex came around. I told him I had ants. He said, "no uncles?" Funny guy. But he was spraying everything and I was happy hoping I could get rid of the ants and any uncles that might be lurking around.

This morning I woke up to a home invasion! A big cock roach was sitting braisenly right at the bottom of the landing near the couch. Shit! I ran for the Hot Shot and killed the M.F. Wacked him with a broom swept him up and out the door he went. Then I sat down to regroup and saw a small one...repeat above. Then spotted a caterpillar worm thing...dito. Okay for petesake did he just run them all into the house? The Ants brought the Uncles and are really invading now.
If it wasn't for my soon to be Grand daughter...I would high-tail it back to MN!

4 comments:

Jess said...

The roaches are brazen, aren't they?

Erin said...

Spraying outside pushes them inside. They cross that barrier and eventually come to rest within the confines of your house. We had a cockroach infestation last week. I hate those things more than you can imagine. They were so big that even Jazzy wouldn't take care of them. Obviously heat and cockroaches are the devil's work. Yuck!

WorldTravelista said...

Yeah, I don't like any of the creepy crawly things! We must be pretty lucky out here... I had Terminex over about 3 yrs ago when I moved in, and haven't had much bug activity then.

Here's an article for you that I found on Frequent Flyer points and credit cards http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-advice/who-will-rescue-frequent-flyer-programs-from-the-airlines.html?id=2631643

I would try and stick to NWA or Delta (since they're merging)... and keep accrueing points on one airline.

Hopefully the airlines keep the FF programs.

WorldTravelista said...

So, yeah I would try the US Bank credit card that will get you guys FF points on NWA/Delta.