Sunday, July 20, 2008

Get behind me Satan

Shannon must have read my blog and is easing up on me! ha ha Friday we went to the cheap theater and saw "What happens in Vegas" pretty funny. Then yesterday we found time for a swim! Hurrah, I haven't raised the water level on the pool for months! We waited until super-time and it felt wonderfully refreshing. Especially since Shannon and Jon's house wasn't that cool...hope that air conditioner isn't going on the fritz yet again...
(My place is always like a walk in freezer...sorry John I know I am running up a heck of a bill.)

Angel seems better she hasn't yakked for a day now...we'll see. I told her to stop eating those lizards in case she did!

Curious George can now look around and be curious as he is no longer blind; and he is breathing better-two nostrils; and he no longer has holes. But he is still pretty used up and worn out. He and I have a lot in common.

I am really liking Shannon's new doo. It seems very practical for this weather. I am not sorry I hacked it off. When she gets that-the hair has to go look-I know she won't rest until it is gone. I need a chop myself maybe this week.

It looks like another HOT one today. I told a friend that the Devil has his summer home here in Florida.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I was gonna ask what your electric bill is like if you keep it that cool. I turn ours down a few degrees at night, but then turn it back up during the day to try and conserve the electricity. BUt if my brother lived here in FL, he'd be like you with the frigid A/C; he hates the heat too.

Carol said...

Hey, as long as you can afford it, I say stay cool. Being hot and humid is absolutely miserable. Life is short, we need to enjoy it while we can and a little AC makes life so much more pleasant when you live in hot and humid places! I always change it when we are gone to work for the long day, but we cool it off big time at night or we can't sleep!