Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Surprise Grandma Shower

Tonight I went to meet some classmates of mine to work on our class reunion. (Which we call our 60th birthday celebrations.) When I walked in one of the girls, Cindy, was sitting at the table and she had made a darling cake complete with pink baby booties, for desert. I was so surprise and thought how sweet of her to make a cake for our meeting and to decorate it with me in mind. Then they said it wasn't a reunion meeting at all--they were throwing me a surprise grandma shower! I was blown away! It was the sweetest thing anyone could have done for me. I got the sweetest cards ever...one even had two darling knit sweaters on knitting needles, how perfect.

I opened all my gifts: T
wo darling onsies from Cindy-one with tiny strawberries all over and a bigger one on the little behind; and one in a soft pink with ruffles on the butt! (I love love love ruffle-butts!) Plus a picture holder with booties.
From Sharon, a darling soft soft knit dress with hot pink flowers and lime green leaves-the little briefs were lime picking up the color from the leaves. It was to die for.
Then from Rose another dress, with briefs, in a softer pink cotton with tiny little flowers embroidered all over it. Just so darling. (The pink booties that Cindy put on the cake just matched.)
And LeeAnn found me a darling picture frame with pink block letters that said, "This is my Grandma--this is me!" For a picture of the new baby girl and me. Everything was wonderful and I was so very touched.
And by the way the cake was fantastic! We all had two pieces. Cindy is one great cake baker!

Then to top off the fun we gals went to the Legion and played Bingo! It was a blast. I can't remember when I ever played bingo before. I would love to go again. I told them when Shannon came home we'd both come. So it's a date.

I don't know what I ever did to be blessed with friends like these. I know I don't deserve them but I thank God for them!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Wow. I've never heard of a "grandma shower"! But that's cool that Jon and Shannon got more stuff for the baby. Now, they just need to incorporate a "grandpa" shower to double the loot!

Erin said...

And the fact they were on the same day as Shannon's suprise shower at work...weird!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Can't wait to see the cute outfits! Thank them from me as well. I'll see you in less than a week - how about that!

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie its Teff. I love you and think you are adorable but I really don't want to see you with any of the ruffle butts on. Remember they are for the baby.