Thursday, May 8, 2008

Apple Jack

Yesterday I made two cakes for a party one was a chocolate butter cake and one was a apple spice with Jack Daniels...that I called Apple Jack! They went over big. Nothing left but crumbs. And the best part was I didn't even taste them. I was soo good. Although the night before at my book club I was a bit bad...oh well.

At the party we played the name game. Name the baby girl that is. Lilly was sad and lonely before everyone showed up so to keep her busy I sat her at the computer on a baby name website and told her to find names she liked because Shannon and Jon needed names ideas. By the end of the night everyone at the party got involved and the list of names was atcually pretty great. We emailed them for consideration.

Last night in Duluth it was a lovely night and after everyone else went home Howard and I sat on his deck and studied the stars. We also saw Saturn and it's moon through the big telescope. It was a very nice night for star gazing, and fun to relax with Howie. Then this morning I was lucky enough to go to Lilly and Ian's (niece and nephew) Spring concert. It was wonderful.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh yum, those sound delicious. I can't believe you could go without even a little taste! That is will power! Sounds like a fun evening.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Found out the story behind the Eosep suggestion. That was the name of the town drunk they met during the Bahamas trip. :)