Sunday, May 4, 2008

Panic Attack

Yesterday visiting the new mom in the hospital--a bit of panic set in! The baby, only a few hours old, was snuggled on her tummy on Mommy's belly. She was so peaceful I am sure she was thinking, "this feels familiar."
Then Liz asked if we wanted to hold the baby and both John and I answered at the same time, "no!" I was terrified I admitted to him later he said he felt the same. I don't know how I am going to get over that feeling when Shannon's baby is so tiny. I just pray I do. I will have to put Ceasar Millians theory into practice...& draw on my calm assertive energy!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I said no to LBK but then guilt set in with Kevin and Amy looking at me. I held Kyle when he was less than 24 hours old and believe it or not, they don't break. I was more than ready to put him down though :)

See, I must keep telling myself positive things or LBF will be neglected. I am brave. I can do this. He will be fine (and so will mom).

Jess said...

Babies are like Corelle plates -- very durable. If my baby brother could survivie 11 year old me, your grandchild will be fine.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Don't worry, mom. I'm just gonna wrap her in bubble wrap and set her in a basket. I'll be to scared to hold her too.