Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sick Angel

Angel has Kennel Cough. Poor sick baby. One week to the day after grooming she got the cough, which is the incubation time for kennel cough. So for sure she got it there, she hasn't been anywhere else to get it. So far Rio isn't sick but they were together a couple days before I knew she was sick. Angel was so good at the Vet's office. She got two shots and never even flinched! He couldn't believe it. He said one shot burns and brings Rotweiler's to their knees screaming in pain! Good job Angel! She is one brave girl. And when it was over she still licked him! She is taking pills but hopefully will feel better soon.

I am done with grooming...I won't take her again. A little voice inside my head told me not to leave her that day...I should have listened! I will next time.

My 10 days hanging out with Shannon has turned into a back breaker and so far no fun. Hopefully this weekend is better. (Although we aren't done so I doubt it!) I hate leaving Angel alone so I am spending part of the day at each house.

What is with this heat!! For all that is Holy...we need a breeze at least.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Poor and brave Angel. Hope she is better soon! I agree with you COMPLEETELY on the weather, it is the same here!

Jess said...

Too bad Angel is sick, but at least you caught it early and got her to the vet (and any excuse to go see him is okay, right?). I'm sure she'll be back to her old self in no time.

Rachel O'Donnell said...

Thank you for your comments on my quilt! I am working on some knitting now, but i think I may do another quilt soon - it was such a fun project...
Enjoy this cooler weather and Happy Fall!