Thursday, October 15, 2009

quite the morning!

What a morning I've had and it's only 9:30! Rylee and I were in the play room around 7:00 am and I heard a dreaded beep...the battery in one of the four smoke detectors located in a eight foot area...was going. Normally I would ignore the annoying beep but Rio is terrified of it. I went down stairs to let her up through the gates. Now I can't figure which one is beeping. When I think I have it I drag a stool over and I am still too short. I go get a step ladder and pull the plug on it. Then you must change the battery or it keeps beeping. Rio & Rylee are under foot during this process. I accomplish the task and bring Rylee down for breakfast. Rio wants to go out...she does and comes in running into the living room. I finish feeding Rylee and follow her out to the other room...much to my horror it has smeary black shit (literally,) all over it! From Rio's paws and now I see,neck, has black crap all over it too. I start the chase, she won't let me near her. I also need to corral Rylee, don't want her in that!

This is the part where if there was a nanny cam on me it would be priceless! Rio hides under the couch and I can't get her. So I clean up the mess and wait for her to come out, When I grab her I try to clean her best I can, she needs a bath tonight! I'm exhausted and Rylee was too as she went down for an early nap. I am going to try to relax a bit. See if I ever fix a smoke detector for you again Rio!!!

2 comments:

mom2ET said...

I would love to see that footage.

Jess said...

It seems like everything happens all at once when you're at home with a child and a dog.

Hope the rest of the day went more smoothly!