Sunday, August 9, 2009

water works

I have to admit something very embarrassing...I am officially the sappiest person on the planet.

Yesterday I watched the dumbest show on earth, "Lars and the real girl" If you haven't seen it...don't! But the idea is this guy is so lonely he orders a fake, rubber girl friend and treats her like real. The whole town goes along with it and invites this girl everywhere because they like him so much. And yes it is as bad and stupid as it sounds...
(Here comes my embarrassing moment:) finally the girl dies (as he is ready to rejoin reality) they have a funeral etc...and I bawled like a baby! Seriously, I felt bad, not for him, but for lonely people all over who might be feeling like he did...I know it is ridiculous. I thought it was at the time but couldn't seem to hold in the water works.
Good gosh, is there nothing I won't cry at? Pathetic!

Oh a happier note: John and I went to the county fair the night before and had a wonderful time. Nothing better than people watching and the fair food! Such fun. Also heard a great young band, called "start" they are 14 to 17, cute, all boys great mucic, great singers...all related. They will make it-you will be hearing about them. They have a CD check it out!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That does go against your policy of watching movies in which people die, doesn't it? You just have an extra level of empathy. That's not a bad thing!

A county fair sounds like great fun! I'm hungry thinking about it...