Saturday, September 26, 2009

One down

This is the weekend Jon and Shannon are off for their get a way and I got through my first night with Rylee. She is still sleeping so I thought I'd catch up.
Last night she did not start off well. I put her down about 7:45 after reading stories. But she knew Mama should be putting her to bed apparently. She didn't cry but at 8:40 she was still squirming all over. I thought maybe she pooped so up I went and changed her, no poo, I gave her a bit of milk as she hadn't drank much of hers before. Then just rocked and hummed in the dim light. Then I put her back. She fussed a second or two but still didn't sleep until 9:30. She was trying too but I think she knew something was off. After that it was smooth. She is stiring now like a normal morning but not ready to get up.
Hope tonight goes smoother!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Good job on the first night. When is the sleepover with Miller and Norah too? ;)

Let me know if you want to go to the park or something today. (weather dependent)

Jenny said...

Good luck with the rest of the weekend!

mom2ET said...

She is trying to tell you that weekends with Grandma are for staying up late and sleeping in. There are no bedtimes at Grandma's house! Have fun. Soon she will be asking if she can spend the night everyime she comes over.

MN Mom said...

Rylee is all I can handle. (and barely that!) I am worked over to the max! I don't want anymore of these overnights at least not for a long long time. Everyday is enough I'm too old to add nights!

Erin said...

I detect Granny Daycare was good in theory...now you know why people over 45 don't have babies :) Even though she wears you out I am sure you love every minute with her.

Tip, start having a glass of wine around 7. That way the second one is that much better after the kid is asleep.

Jess said...

If you need help with anything this weekend, give us a call! We can always come take Rylee off your hands for a bit, so don't heistate to call for help!