Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good bye to Gary's Bar

A sad tale from back home. A restaurant/bar/banquet hall, and a place all of us from C-I loved, has sadly closed it's doors this week. It was one of the few places in our area that was a clean family place to eat, where the food was good, but you could still grab a beer. The bar has been around for at least 75-100 years. It has had four or five owners but remained. Jon Polich's Grandpa even owned it at one time. It's closing is devastating to the town and the family's involved. Good luck to them in the future. I hope someone else will open it and try again. It is such a nice place with a lot to offer.

Rylee news:
Enter Rylee's picky eater faze! Right after her birthday she has decided to be a picky kid. No matter what I fix for breakfast, she won't eat it. So today I thought, maybe she takes after her dad and doesn't like breakfast, so I fixed lunch and ta-dah she ate it. (it's probably a fluke) And while I'm at it, a big thank you goes out to Campbell's for "chicken and stars soup"! She loves it and so far isn't sick of it. So when all else fails...But still I am hopeful that she won't be as picky eater as her mom was!

Another thought, why is it, Rylee has all these great new toys and still she picks through Rio's toy bin and goes for those groody things?

On another matter entirely: I made one of Racheal Ray's pecan and cheese stuffed/ bacon wrapped chicken breasts last night for dinner...wow! It may have been the best thing I ever ate! Can't wait to make it for John when he comes back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sad to hear that Gary's has closed.... I called over last night to let them know what a loss it is to the community! And I want that new recipe.......sound's wonderful! Cindie