Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Letter To Santa

Dear Santa;
Could you repeat the holiday season I had last year? Once again please let me stand in shopping lines so long they wrap around the store twice. So that I might have time to read my shopping list and check it 20 or 30 times for accuracy. And I do so enjoy being pushed and shoved by angry shopper’s carts until the skin peals off my heels. Let me also search through four or five stores for that one special item on my shopping list only to have the last one snatched right out of my hands. Be sure to let each person who receives one of my gifts that I painstakingly wrapped with expensive paper and bows from Pottery Barn just rip it open with one pull & with out a second look. And let me somehow enjoy standing on hard floors for an entire day to do my holiday baking and if you could let me gain another ten pounds from just licking the spoons. And let me get gifts this year that I really need: like the leopard print satin bathrobe I received last year; or another barely used perfume; I wouldn’t mind having holiday sox’s with loud bells as they have been a hit in the past; large snowman earrings I can always use; or maybe yet another holiday sweater with Rudolf and his big glowing red nose that would be a must have. So Santa if you can just repeat last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) I have a pair of jingle socks, I love 'em but my hubby hates them. And I have to admit to the snowman earrings too, of course, I collect snowmen, so that helps. But as for the rest, eek! I think someone put too much nog in your egg nog if you want all that! Hope you are able to find a lovely and relaxing way to celebrate the holidays!

Jess said...

Ah, sarcasm. One of my favorite friends.