Monday, December 3, 2007

A Modern Day Fairy Tale

Once upon a time about 16 years ago a beautiful princess was sick. She called to her mother and ran for the downstairs bathroom. When she turned the corner the projectile vomiting started. The bathroom looked like a fire hose had been let loose in it—Oh my! The mother was helping her daughter up the stairs, so that she might help her to clean herself up because the princess was so weak.

Just then a handsome young prince knocked on their door. The prince had ridden his snowmobile (as he was only 15 and couldn’t drive a vehicle) over to visit the sick princess. The princess and the prince had been “dating” for a few months.

The mother turned to the prince and told him how the princess had gotten sick downstairs and she was going to help her and he should go home.
Later when the princess was settled safe in a warm bath, the mother went downstairs to begin the arduous task of cleaning vomit from all surfaces.

Much to her astonishment there was the young prince cleaning up after the princess himself. The mother said, “Oh my! You shouldn’t be doing that!” But the young prince insisted, “You need to take care of the princess, I will take care of this." And when he was done the bathroom sparkled.

Now when the mother returned to the princess and told her the unbelievable story of what the prince was doing, the mother also added, “you should marry this prince, because no other man, you will ever meet, would do such a distasteful task for you! This prince is truly one in a million.”

And so the princess did marry her prince, when they grew up, and they lived happily ever after! The End

P.S. That prince is my son-in-law!

6 comments:

Erin said...

That's a cute story. I had a similar incident after having my wisdom teeth pulled. (I am leaving the graphic details out.)I didn't have a prince charming to clean up after my mess but my sister did. For those of you that know my sister, we didn't get along back then and for her to help me clean up that mess while I was so sick was an amazing thing. I still appreciate her helping me.

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet story! I always knew he was a keeper!

Ryan said...

uff, hopefully the prince can come clean up my keyboard since I just yakked on it.

Jess said...

Oh, that Jon -- what a prince!

Agate Lake Girl said...

He would probably have been better off had he listened to you and just left! Thank goodness for me, he didn't. I am a lucky little princess. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the work of Prince Latin Love. I bet he looked good cleaning that up with his smooth silky tanned skin. Shannon you are one lucky woman!!